DUI Rehabilitation of Offenders Program (D.R.O.P.)
…A Diversion program for rapid resolution of first time DUI offenses
The State Attorney has instituted this supervised, comprehensive program for first time, misdemeanor DUI offenders. This is a voluntary program that involves the statutory DUI sanctions, including any recommended substance abuse treatment and frequent, random testing for substance abuse. Any recommended sanction and disposition are subject to approval of the Court.
Please read the documents linked to this page carefully for all program details. Eligibility is determined by the State Attorney’s Office after submission of an application to participate in D.R.O.P.
A defendant can be eligible for D.R.O.P. if:
- No cases involving Defendants with a breath or blood sample over 0.150 B.A.C.; no B.A.C. extrapolation is permitted
- No cases involving crashes with bodily injury or significant property damage, or cases that involve minor children in the Defendant’s vehicle
- No cases involving Defendants with accompanying or pending felony charges or on any form of supervision
- No cases involving Defendants with prior commission(s) of similar offenses or who have received prior traffic related diversion programs
- No cases involving Defendants who did not have a valid driver’s licenses at time of offense or have a CDL.
How to apply
DUI cases occurring in Pasco County
Download the Pasco application and then either send via US Mail to the address listed on the application, or email to: DiversionPasco@flsa6.gov
DUI cases occurring in Pinellas County
Download the Pinellas application and then either send via US Mail to the address listed on the application, or email to: DiversionPinellas@flsa6.gov